Wednesday, February 4, 2009

HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY!


Today is my dad's 80th Birthday! We went to Tony's (of course) to celebrate! (My mom is actually having a surprise party for him on Saturday, but since he doesn't read the blog I think I can reveal it here!) We all knew if we didn't get together for his "real" birthday he would be suspicious, so we got together today, too. He doesn't know that my sisters that live out of town and their families are coming in this weekend, so he will be surprised to see them. My father is the ultimate man! He is a loving husband, a fabulous father, a wonderful grandfather, a super great-grandfather! He loves all his son-in-laws, but he was especially happy to see Ted tonight. We love you Dad!!

When I said we were taking a picture for our blog, my sisters (Helen and Julie) said they wanted in with Ted, too ... so this one's for them.

Ted is feeling good. He is working through some back pain, but he is in great spirits! His numbers are still looking good. Today he had a PET scan. We won't get the results for a week or so. It is a full body scan to see if there are any cancer cells present, so we will be anxiously waiting, but feel very optimistic!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Happy 80th! Is that what 80 is all about? He is a wonderful man with a kind heart and a good soul!

Glad to see Ted is out and about. A little family celebration always makes you feel better! Next celebration.........Ted's full recovery! However, it won't be a surprise because we all know it's gonna happen!